10 Tips to Consider Before Interior House Painting
If you are dreaming about remodeling your home but a full remodel isn’t in the budget, you might want to consider painting the interior of your home, instead.
Before you get started, there are a few things you’ll need to consider. Here is a lost of the tops 10 things we recommend looking into before starting interior house painting.
Choosing the Perfect Paint
- Did you know that the sheen you choose will impact your results? If you’re looking for an easy to clean surface in a high-traffic area, a gloss or satin-finish will be your best option. Matte finishes are better for uneven walls, and it will help to hide imperfections.
- You will also want to carefully consider the colour that you choose for each room. Our repaint professionals can help you choose a nice calming colour for the bedroom, or a bold colour for your living room’s feature wall.
- We encourage you to pick up some paint swatches as well as some sample paints. Use your samples on a wall and figure out which colour will work best in your room.
Before You Begin Interior House Painting
- When interior house painting you’ll need to remember that getting the perfect wall doesn’t happen with just one coat. This means you may need more paint than anticipated. Be sure to talk to our professionals so that you know exactly how much paint you need for the perfect finish.
- There is more to painting than just painting, there is some prep work that needs to be done. You’ll want to fill any holes or gouges, tape door handles and base boards, and sand down any imperfections.
How to Get Started
- Another important step is to use a primer before you start interior house painting. This is especially helpful for drastic colour changes and will help to provide a smooth, uniform look.
- You’ll also want to cut in at corners and edge while interior house painting. This will provide overall cohesion, especially while using rollers.
- If you’re looking to save time while interior house painting, try using rollers! Rollers help to cover more space and save on time.
- For all the places that rollers don’t reach, make sure you have a ladder or step ladder on hand.
- One final tip that we insist on if you’re using multiple cans of paint is to mix them all together! This will ensure that your colour is consistent throughout your home.
Before you start interior house painting you’ll want to consider these 10 tips. When you’re ready to start your interior house painting project, be sure to call our repaint professionals in Edmonton!Request a Quote
- Use a Repaint Specialist to Renew Your Space and Give Your Office the TLC it Deserves!
- Considering Hiring a Professional Painting Company? 5 Reasons Why It’s Worth It
- Set the Mood of the Interior of Your Home with the Help of Professional Interior House Painters
- Spring Into the New Season With the Help of a Repaint Specialist
- How Professional House Painters Can Make Your House Look Like New And Boost That Resale Value With Specific Colours!